Sunday, February 11, 2007

Chinese Harrassment: Telephone Blast

Sometime ago I read an article about the Falun Gong receiving harassing phone calls from suspected CHICOM numbers deep within Bejing. I have to tell you, it sounded kinda odd. After posting a few articles on the Falun Gong, Cover For Action was contacted by concerned Falun Gong members who told a simlar story: being harrassed by phone.

I asked practitioners if they could provide me a copy of the phone message, so that I could hear it for myself. My initial plan was to post it for all readers to hear. But after some thought and discussion, it came to pass that posting the audio file would simply propagate what the CCP was trying to do: push out hate propaganda.


So readers, you'll have to take my word. I heard the file... it's a spooky automated bit of propaganda. For the most part, it's a demoralizing bit of wasted air canted at poking fun of the Falun Gong. In my grown up world, the calls seemed like school yard antics. But hey, whoever said the Chinese Communist Party was mature and responsible.

I should also note, many of the people who emailed me commented they felt intimated, scared, and harassed by the calls. The volume, duration, and frequency of the calls also seemed to serve as a telephonic Denial of Services too.

Discrimination, Hate Messages among Chinese Exports to U.S

Beginning Feb. 6, repeated calls were made to hundreds of people in more than 20 countries in a well-coordinated fashion. Friends whose mobile phones rang at the same time picked up and heard the same pre-recorded messages in Chinese or English.

Speakers at the Tuesday press conference described unlisted numbers in the U.S. being bombarded with calls and a feeling of invasion of privacy. They said that no group besides the
CCP has the ability and the motive to track down and call so many people in another country so systematically.

The pre-recorded messages were all against the practice of Falun Gong, and some also included Chinese nationalist messages. “My husband and daughter received calls, which disturbed us greatly,” said Ma Lili, a New York businesswoman who was forced to leave China after
Falun Gong began to be persecuted in 1999. Her friends in China were invited in to have a “conversation” with Chinese national security at the same time that the calls were being made.
Many recipients of the phone calls reported them to local police and intelligence agencies, such as the FBI.

The U.S. House of Representatives took note of CCP activities against Falun Gong practitioners on U.S. soil in its 2004 concurrent resolution 304, which calls for reporting and investigation
of such activities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a 46year Australian, wife and mother. Harrassing phone calls from the CCP have been regularly made to my home phone. The reason;, because I am listed on the web site and brochures for people to come and learn Falun Gong, a spiritual practice that teaches truthfulness, compassion and tolerance. The CCP not only controls its own Chinese people, but is pushing its hate and propaganda to many other countries.
Most unfortunate our governments continue to ignore the human rights over trade.

Unknown said...

RE" anon
Ditto for me too. I changed my telephone number in 2005 after the first round of calls here in Australia. Even though i put my new number on the web list and all brochures the communist regime have not contacted me again.

I've also noticed that each year they make the phone calls at the beginning of Feb and at the end of Feb and early March.

So i think that its all automatic now and the only thing the communist regime change is their propaganda each year.

As for feeling intimidated I'm sorry that many are feeling that way ,I'm a westerner so its a kinda of ridiculous and childish thing that the regime is doing.

But then I have not experienced the brutality of a 70 year legacy of evil madness where any sense of human decency is crushed.

What I am concerned with is ending this persecution and i think that it fair to say all our Governments know the real story about Falun Gong.

And now with the organ harvesting reports which have been called "a new form of evil on this planet" by international human rights lawyer David Matas and co author of the recently updated independent report I am quite shocked at the
complacency of the worlds people.


Falun Gong practitioners often use the term that "this persecution of Falun Gong is a persecution of humanity's conscience"
because it has encouraged otherwise good people to turn away from the truth in favor of money, fame and possibly because some are very scared and don't know what they can do to help.

I was at my daughters school graduation late last year and an old Australian digger (army personnel ) told a WW11 story about caring for our fellow humans which brought me to tears while I'm sad to say everyone else was restless in their seats some even talking while most were probably wishing the old digger would shut up.

It was about an Australian doctor in a Japanese POW who offered his life to be taken by firing squad instead of the soldier they were going to punish. The doctor offered his life instead because the other man had a family, wife and kids while the doctor had no family wife or kids.

In the end after much persuasion the Japanese agreed and shot the doctor in the other mans place.

Where has this strength gone from Human kind? Our honor has gone. Today our elected leaders are too afraid of losing trade so they won't condemn the communist regime and help save these innocent lives.

I really hope with all my heart that soon more good human beings like David Kilgour,David Matas and the good people hosting this Blog MAd Smoof and the many others keep doing what they are doing louder and reaching more people with their posts.

Good will always prevail no matter what.

Mad Smoof said...

You know something I find interesting... how many people are harassed? Then I thought, how many American citizens are harassed, and Australian citizens, and Canadian's? How is it that a communist government can pick up the phone and start harassing people?

Thanks for sharing all. If you want to email me a personal story of how you have been harassed, I will post in on a main page. Please just provide details, dates, etc. J, thanks again.


My email is madsmoof@gmail.com